FILMMAKERS – Help us share and promote your work
- send us your trailer to share over Twitter / Instagram / Facebook
- send us a link to your film,
- chat to us! We’ve got set questions [see below], or there’s an email Q&A – which you can respond to with a chat or a WhatsApp if you don’t fancy typing. Or do a live interview on Twitter Spaces – which we will (hopefully) record to potentially turn the conversation into a podcast/audio, an article and / or other promotional materials
- Got posters? Please share! Pop over your poster so we can share it on our social media. A few words and link to go with it would be great!
- sign up to the SWFilmMail, just coz
- we see this as a collaboration, so let us know what works for you
ACTORS – Help us promote you
- we have a quick fire (or not so quick fire) Q&A. Submit the answers along with a photo (not a headshot)
- You can email, WhatsApp or have a chat on Twitter Spaces
- PHOTOs – we’re after something more editorial, we’d suggest some kind of creative selfie, a still, or something else (if in doubt get in touch). Jim Elton has offered to do creative editorial and headshots – drop him a line to arrange Instagram | Twitter
- remember to include your showreel and contact details.
- get in touch for an email Q&A – same applies as above
- get in touch for a chat, call, etc
we see this as a collaboration, so let us know what works for you
- get in touch and we will share your funding campaigns on our socials.
- send us your highlights – yes, we prefer the indie, south west vibe – there are others out there doing the big stuff. Happy to chat, promote and support
Please submit your work!
We want to share your work with the world. It’s part of an ethos of loving the moving image and being excited about showing it.
Filmmakers and a new audience
Plus we think thinking about films and talking about them can support filmmakers and help them educate and entertain viewers and be part of building new audiences.
From D&C to the world!
D&CFilm focuses on film in the South West, but we’re happy to spread that gaze further afield throughout the UK and internationally.
All films considered
We are looking for short films, features, animations, music videos and anything else. We’re also keen to hear from actors, producers, festivals and venues.
D&CFilm doesn’t charge, you may just need to be a bit patient. And if you do fancy subscribing to the site (Pay What You Can) or donating, please do!
Drop us a line on email@example.com with a link to your flick or video, with a few details about yourself. Here are some questions to get you going. Fill in the form or make up your own and get in touch. There’s an FAQ too.
Our focus is the world of film from Devon and Cornwall, so we’re really keen to big up the filmmaking, screening, setting of films in the unique and talented area of Devon and Cornwall, so any connection would be great. But we’re also keen to share info about films and filmmaking from around the world. Film and the creative world has a great tradition of inspiring across boundaries.
Yes, but please be patient.
No. We’ve featured everything including running zombies, falling in love, inspiring documentaries and toe-tapping music videos, to name but a few.
Because of the nature of filmmaking in the South West, we’ve tended to cover more short film, but we’re happy to cover everything from micro-short to feature film.
Sure thing, pop over some info and we’ll looking into it.
Yes. Send us the details and we’ll see what we can do. That also goes for make-up, music and sound people, plus producers, to name but a few. Just get in touch.
No. You can donate or subscribe, but that doesn’t determine whether we’ll cover you. Time is our usual biggest constraint. And if that’s the case, priority will be given to our core coverage area of Devon and Cornwall.
We can certainly try! Our biggest issue is time, not desire. So if you’d like a story about the crowdfunder you’re running or the bake sale you’re planning, we’ll try to help.
It’s partly selfish, partly for the greater good of society. Film is a fantastic creative medium that can open minds and share stories. It’s also a great way to bring people together, whether they are part of a crew or sitting alone watching on a screen.
We want to help nurture talent and hopefully engage some hearts with new revelations. We’ve seen filmmakers develop, writers move on, careers be built: and for all those involved with D&CFilm this has been hugely heart-warming and life affirming. Plus, we’re nosy buggers.
If you’ve got anymore Qs that should be FA, please drop us a line. Share your film, and share this with other filmmakers!