A celebration and bringing together of films made in the South West over the past 5 years. Watch fantastic locally produced work and look out for actors or crew to collaborate with!
HOW IT WORKS
Filmmakers – All you need to do is send us your film(s) and what genre you’re submitting in (see rules below). Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Starting from FRIDAY 15TH MAY, we’ll group the films in articles on D&CFilm, based on genre. (Some genres might be split over multiple weeks)
- Audiences will then have one week to watch the films and vote for their favourite.
- A new article/set of films will be released each Friday.
- They’ll be TWO winners for each set of films released, the audience choice winner and one chosen by our GUEST JUDGES who include double Oscar-winning cinematographer ROGER DEAKINS.
- Each article/set of films we release will have been watched by four judges. We’ll be announcing more judges over the coming weeks, all of whom will have links to the South West. NOTE: Each judge will only be watching a selection of the submitted films.
AND JUST FOR FUN….
We’ll do a final vote between the winning films to see what the most popular piece of filmmaking work is from across the region over the last few years! Again, there will also be a judges pick.
- The film must have been complete after 1st January 2015
- It must available to watch on either Vimeo or Youtube
- Each filmmaker can submit a maximum of 2 films
- The film must have been shot in Cornwall, Devon, Dorset or Somerset
- OR the filmmaker must live in one of those areas
- Films should be no longer than 30mins.
- Whilst we hope to share every film submitted, this might not be possible.
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT FILMS – MONDAY 11th May – 11:59pm
Look forward to receiving your films – please spread the word as it’d be great to compile films from as many filmmakers as possible! It should make for a nice archive of locally produced films.
- Filmathon: the sequel | need a reason to create something new? - July 17, 2021
- Man Down | “It’s ok to allow people to view your insecurities” - July 16, 2021
- Ready | Lois Norman explores time and love in 90 second short - July 12, 2021